There are many ways to find a real estate agent and salesperson:
- Ask friends and family for recommendations
- Contact agents that have listed properties you are interested in
- Contact local agents that are advertising in your area
Before you make your decision, meet with the agent or salesperson. You will be working closely with them on a very large transaction. You should feel comfortable with their experience and feel that they will work in your best interest. Here are some questions that may help you decide:
- How many years have you been in the industry?
- What is your commission fee? Do you charge a flat fee or percentage of the sale?
- What types of services will you provide?
- How will you market my home?
- Will my property be listed on MLS® Systems?
- Do you have a website?
- How will you help me find my dream home?
- Do you have any buyers / sellers in mind?
- Can you provide me with references?
In New Brunswick, both the Real Estate Agent and any Salespeople must be licensed with FCNB. Many Real Estate Salespersons will also use the term Realtor®, which means that the individual is a member in good standing of the Canadian Real Estate Association.
If you are satisfied with the answers, and havenít already spoken with us, contact us to be sure that they are licensed before engaging them to work with you.