Happy computer checklist
Keeping your computer healthy and happy is just as important as bringing your car for a regular oil change.
Signs that your computer needs maintenance:
- Slow start up
- Takes a long time for web pages to load
- Computer lag
These are also signs that your computer has been infected with a virus or malware. You should be maintaining your computer on a monthly basis.
Follow the steps below to keep your computer running like new. This will also help you eliminate computer issues if you are actually being hacked.
- Back up your data.
- Clean up your hard drive.
- Update Windows.
- Delete and organize your files.
- Uninstall old and unused programs.
- Update your anti-virus and malware programs and then perform a scan.
- Keep your cords neat and organized, and keep your computer dust free.
Learn more about Frauds and Scams
See all Cybersecurity tips
Learn more about how to Get Cyber Safe