With tax season upon us, Canadian consumers and businesses need to be on the lookout for false, deceptive and misleading marketing tied to various tax incentives and credits being offered by third-party services.
This bulletin was prepared to highlight an ongoing telephone campaign that claims to offer a rebate for the Ontario Carbon Tax Credit. Recent reporting to the CAFC has identified that consumers are receiving calls asking for their personal and financial information so that the Ontario Carbon Tax Credit can be deposited into their account. In some cases, consumers are also being solicited to sign up for home warranty and protection services.
- Calls offering government related tax benefits.
- Unsolicited calls requesting personal and banking information.
- Unsolicited calls asking you to confirm personal and financial information.
- Learn about available tax credits here:
- Government services are free to access.
- Learn more tips and tricks for protecting yourself.
If you think you or someone you know has been a victim of fraud, please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or report online at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca.