About the FCNB
FCNB provides New Brunswickers with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to make informed spending and investing decisions.
We inform, educate, and protect over 750,000 consumers through regulation and financial education, and we regulate 34,000 industry participants who make their living working with New Brunswickers’ money.
As the province’s financial and consumer services regulator, we are responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation that regulates securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and more.
For the province: a confident and dynamic financial marketplace, and well-informed consumers.
For the organization: a leading financial and consumer services regulator promoting excellence in consumer protection and education.
Protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplaces through the provision of regulatory and educational services. We recognize the importance of setting an example in the areas of transparency and effective governance.
We are an arm's length, self-funded, independent Crown Corporation established by the provincial government on 1 July 2013. We are funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by the regulated sectors.
Acts and regulations
- Regulation 83-184: Forms
- Regulation 83-197: Licence and Examination Fees for Agents and Brokers
- Regulation 84-73: Licence Revival Fee
- Regulation 85-11: Damage Appraisers
- Regulation 90-6: Uninsured Automobile and Unidentified Automobile Coverage
- Regulation 94-142: Assessment
- Regulation 95-5: Agents and Brokers
- Regulation 2003-15: Prohibited Underwriting Practices
- Regulation 2003-20: Injury
- Regulation 2003-36: Life Insurance Agent Licensing
- Regulation 2004-139: Automobile Rating Classification
- Regulation 2004-140: Recently Licensed Driver Rate Reduction
- Regulation 2004-141: Fault Determination
- Regulation 2006-32: New Brunswick Insurance Board
- Regulation 2009-52: Adjusters
- Regulation 2009-85: Levy Interest Rate
- Regulation 2012-52: Classes of Insurance
- Regulation 2012-53: Compensation Association
- Regulation 91-195: General
- Regulation 2005-157: St. Anne-Nackawic Pension Plans
- Regulation 2012-75: Shared Risk Plans